As you know, there are many types of women bodies. Let’s discuss female body types in details and develop a certain kind of guide on body shapes.
The Classification of Female Body Types
- Straight body type. This is the most spread type of body, which is sometimes called a ruler or a rectangle. The special feature here is an absence of waist or its unclear line. As for the bust and hips, they often have equal proportions.
- Pear. The special treat here is hidden in hips, that are larger than bust. The bottom part is emphasized with a thin waist.
- Spoon. All female body types correspond to their names. So, this type is not an exception. Women with spoon figure are sometimes called “figure 8”, what means that they have hips that are slightly larger than the bust, and their waist is defined a little bit. “Spoons” would evidently gain excess weight in tummies. Besides, all of them reveals a tendency to love-handles. The benefit of such figure is in legs, which definitely look like a treasure.
- Hourglass. Women that have hourglass figures are lucky because this is the very type of the sake of which many girls strive for. The hips and bust are of equal size, and a waist is defined in a most beautiful way. All shapes are incredibly curved and the whole appearance is rather womanish.
- Top hourglass. This is the best body shape if to take into attention the opinion of modeling agencies. This kind of female body types is appreciated in an uttermost manner either by designers or by men. It looks like hourglass figure, but its peculiarity in a bigger bust.
- Inverted Triangle. The owners of this kind of figure have large bust, undefined waist and thin hips. Of to look at the appearance from a distance, you may see that the upper part of the body is slightly larger, what leads to a tiny disproportion between lower and upper parts.
- Oval. This figure offers their holders a waist that is prominent mostly in the entire picture of the body. The bust is large and the hips are narrow.
- Diamond. As in the previous case, the waist is the largest part of the body, but this time, hips are large too. As for the upper part, it looks little thinner than all other body items.
1910s. "Gibson's" Girls.
Camilla Antoinette Clifford (1885-1971) - American actress with Belgian roots. See also: Belgian women
1920s. Ziegfeld's girls
In the late 19th and early 20th century Florenz Zigfeld created a genre of famous Broadway shows.
American actress and star of silent films of the 1920s Madge Bellamy (June 30, 1899 - January 24, 1990)
1930s. Smooth shapes and bends.
One of the brightest representatives of that time was a Mexican actress Dolores del Río who has become popular in Hollywood in the silent film era (August 3, 1905 - April 11, 1983). Read also: Mexican women
Sherry Britton (July 28, 1918 - April 1, 2008) - American dancer of burlesque shows of the 1930s and early 1940s.
1940s. Large bodies.
Betty Grable (December 18, 1916 - July 2, 1973) - American actress, dancer and singer.
See also: Famous Pin-up girls
Jane Russell (June 21, 1921 - February 28, 2011) - American actress, sex symbol of the 1940s and early 1950s.
1950s. Hourglass bodies.
Betty Brosmer (August 2, 1935) - American model of the late 40s and 50s, the star of the covers and the prototype of Pin-Up Girls.
Hollywood actress Marilyn Monroe - the sex symbol of the 1950s
Beautiful Actresses of Retro Hollywood
Anglo-American actress Elizabeth Taylor - the owner of a beautiful figure
1960s. Twiggy girls.
British supermodel, actress and singer, known as Twiggy, was born September 19, 1949.
Audrey Hepburn (May 4, 1929 - January 20, 1993) - British actress and fashion model.
Tania Mallet (May 19 , 1941) - English model and actress, best known for her role in film "Goldfinger."
1970s. Sexy bends.
Bright representative of the time was an American actress Raquel Welch (September 5, 1940) - sex symbol of the 1970s. View also: Bolivian women
1980s. Fitness figures.
Gia Carangi (January 29, 1960 - November 18, 1986) - American model, one of the first supermodels in the world.
Paulina Porizkova (April 9, 1965) - American actress, supermodel of Czech origin. Beautiful Czech models
Brooke Shields (May 31, 1965) - American actress and model.
1990s. Unisex and sports models.
Kate Moss - first supermodel unisex
Christy Turlington (January 2, 1969) - American top model.
American supermodel Cindy Crawford (February 20, 1966) - etalon of body of the 1990s.
German supermodel Claudia Schiffer (August 25, 1970). Beautiful German women
British supermodel African Jamaican origin Naomi Campbell (May 22, 1970).
2000s. Sexuality, flat belly and tan.
Brazilian supermodel Gisele Bundchen (July 20, 1980) - Former Angel of Victoria's Secret.
Brazilian supermodel Adriana Lima (June 12, 1981) Brazilian models
Brazilian supermodel Alessandra Ambrosio (April 11, 1981) - the first model of a subsidiary brand of Victoria's Secret - PINK line.
2010s. Big booty.
American actress, singer, dancer Jennifer Lopez (July 24, 1969)
Australian and American hip-hop singer Iggy Azalea (June 7, 1990)
American reality TV star, actress and model Kim Kardashian (October 21, 1980)
American singer in the style of R'n'B, dancer Beyonce (September 4, 1981)