The cinema of India is divided into north and south. The northern part is Bollywood - Indian film industry is synonymous with the city of Mumbai (formerly. Bombay), so named by analogy with Hollywood (Hollywood) in California, USA. Bollywood films are in Hindi.
Top 25 Most beautiful Indian (Bollywood) actresses
25. Riya Sen (born Riya Dev Varma; 24 January 1981) is an Indian film actress and model. Riya, who comes from a family of actors including her grandmother Suchitra Sen, mother Moon Moon Sen and sister Raima Sen.
24. Sonam Kapoor (born 9 June 1985) is an Indian actress and model who appears in Hindi cinema.The daughter of actor Anil, Kapoor.
23. Lara Dutta (born 16 April 1978) is an Indian actress, model and beauty queen Miss Universe 2000 and Miss Intercontinental 1997. She was the second woman from India to be crowned Miss Universe, and has been the only delegate from India to win the crown since. Dutta was born to a Punjabi father and an Anglo-Indian mother.
22. Priyanka Chopra (born 18 July 1982 Jamshedpur, Bihar) is an Indian film actress and singer, and the winner of the Miss World pageant of 2000. Through her film career, Chopra has become one of Bollywood's highest-paid actresses and one of the most popular and high-profile celebrities in India.
21. Namrata Shirodkar ( born 1972 in Mumbai, India) is an Indian actress and former model known for her works in Bollywood and Telugu cinema. She was awarded the Femina Miss India in 1993.
20. Katrina Kaif (born 16 July 1983) is a British-Indian film actress and model. Primarily known for her work in Bollywood films, Kaif has also appeared in Telugu and Malayalam films.
19. Zeenat Aman (born 1951 in Bombay) is an Indian actress, model and beauty queen best known for her work in Hindi films during the 1970s and 80's. She won the Miss Asia Pacific 1970 title. She is the first South Asian woman to win the title.
18. Parveen Babi (born 4 April 1954 – 20 January 2005) was an iconic Indian actress and a former Fashion model, who is most remembered for her glamourous roles alongside top heroes of the 1970s and early 1980s in blockbusters like Deewar, Namak Halaal, Amar Akbar Anthony and Shaan.
17. Sonam (born 2 September 1972, in India), is a former Bollywood actress and also appeared in Telugu Cinema. She is the niece of actor Raza Murad and great-niece of veteran actor Murad. Her cousin is actress Sanober Kabir.
16. Sonali Bendre (born 1 January 1975) is an Indian actress, television personality and model. She has appeared in more than 50 Hindi films. One of the most popular actress of 90s.
15. Amrita Rao (born 17 June 1981) is an Indian film actress and model. She has appeared in Hindi films of Bollywood as well as a few films in Telugu.
14. Neha Sharma (born 21 November 1987) is an Indian film actress and model.
13. Prachi Desai (born 12 September 1988) is an Indian Bollywood film and television actress. She started her television career as the lead protagonist in successful TV drama Kasamh Se on Zee TV. She made her Bollywood career with the 2008 film Rock On!!.
12. Meenakshi Sheshadri (November 16, 1963 Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India) is an Indian film actress and dancer who mainly appeared in Hindi films. Meenakshi has appeared in range of movies from comedy, drama, and action to romance. She won the Eve's Weekly Miss India contest in 1981 at age 17.
11. Sushmita Sen ( born 19 November 1975) is an Indian film actress, model and the winner of the Miss Universe 1994. She was the first Indian to win the crown. After completing her reign, Sen went on to pursue Bollywood. See also: Most beautiful Bengali Women
10. Bipasha Basu (born 7 January 1979) is an Indian actress who appears primarily in Hindi language films. She has also worked in Telugu, Bengali, Tamil and English language films. Basu is particularly known for her work in the thriller and horror film genres, and is cited in the media as a "sex symbol".
9. Shazahn Padamsee (born 18 October 1987) is an Indian descent French film and stage actress, who has also worked as model. Daughter of noted actors Alyque Padamsee and Sharon Prabhakar, she made her first film appearance in the 2009 Hindi film Rocket Singh: Salesman of the Year. After her début film, she went on to appear in two non-Hindi Indian films, gaining credit from critics for her performance, before featuring in Madhur Bhandarkar's Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji in a prominent role.
8. Sheena Shahabadi (born 10 April 1986) is an Indian film actress. Her first film role was starring in the film Teree Sang.
7. Poonam Dhillon (born 18 April 1962) is an Indian Hindi film, theatre and TV actress. A former Femina Miss India (1977), Dhillon has acted in over 80 films.
6. Waheeda Rehman (born 3 February 1938 Chengalpattu, Tamil Nadu, British India) is an Indian actress who has appeared in mainly Hindi films, as well as Tamil and Telugu films.
5. Madhuri Dixit (born 15 May 1967) is an Indian actress and dancer who is known for her work in Hindi cinema. A leading actress of Bollywood in the 1980s, 1990s and early-2000s, Dixit has been praised by critics for her acting and dancing skills, and achieved mass popularity due to her physical beauty. See also: Most beautiful women dancer
4. Dia Mirza (born 9 December 1981) is an Indian model, actress and producer, who won the 2000 Miss Asia Pacific International title. Mirza has primarily worked in Bollywood, and is known in media for her social work.
3. Deepika Padukone (born 5 January 1986) is an Indian film actress and model. One of the most popular and highest-paid Indian celebrities, she has established a career in Bollywood films, and is the recipient of two Filmfare Awards.
2. Rekha (born 10 October 1954 Madras State, India) is an Indian film actress who has mainly appeared in Hindi films. Noted for her versatility and acknowledged as one of the finest actresses in Hindi cinema.
1. Aishwariya Rai (born 1 November 1973) is an Indian actress and the winner of the Miss World pageant of 1994. Through her successful Bollywood career, she has established herself as one the most popular and high-profile celebrities in India.
read also: The most handsome Bollywood actors