In world literature there was a great number of characters of women-heroines, that fell back in the soul of reader.
A very important and outstanding role gives oneself up a woman in literature: she is the article of admiration,
source of inspiration, desired dream and personification elevated in the world.
On how many the heroine of literary work will stay too long in memory of reader, straight related to her appearance, character and acts. A literary heroine, as well as in life, must be all-sufficient, pretty, patient, purposeful, with sense of humour and, undoubtedly, wise.
Our web-site of beauty-around.com decided to make Top-15 of the most beautiful literary heroines. On some photos there are the known actresses or models that was not taken off in the roles of the presented literary heroines, but, our look, very befit on these roles. Literary heroines are here presented from the books of authors of world literature of England, France, Australia, America, Turkey and Russia.
15. Karla Saaranen ("Shantaram", Gregory David Roberts)
14. Teresa "Tess" Durbeyfield ("Tess of the D'Urbervilles", Thomas Hardy)
13. Princess Elena "Hélène" Vasilyevna Kuragina ("War and Peace", Leo Tolstoy)
12. Becky Sharp ("Vanity Fair", William Thackeray)
11. Meggie Cleary ("The Thorn Birds", Colleen McCullough)
10. Tatyana Larina ("Eugene Onegin", A.S.Pushkin)
9. Lara ("Doctor Zhivago", Boris Pasternak)
8. Christine Daae ("The Phantom of the Opera", Gaston Leroux)
7. Esmeralda ("Notre-Dame de Paris", Victor Hugo)
6. Mercedes Mondego ("The Count of Monte Cristo", Alexandre Dumas)
5. Carmen ("Carmen", Prosper Merimee)
4. Irene Forsyte ("The Forsyte Saga", John Galsworthy)
3. Scarlett O'Hara ("Gone with the Wind", Margaret Mitchell)
2. Feride ("Сalıkusu", Resat Nuri Guntekin)
1. Angelique ("Angelique", Anne and Serge Golon)